Monday 3 September 2018

Ubud, the heaven of raw vegan food - Moksa

 
I have been back and forth to Bali, but this time was the first time staying ONLY in Ubud, for more than a week. It was a part of my plan after a while, then choosing Ubud as I need fresh air, far from the heat (am kinda avoiding tropical state of mind), sorry sun, I don't hate you, I was just a little bit shy when I see you... 

It was rainy season in February, a walk on rice terrace, raw food or vegan food galore days and night, yoga, meditation, and even doing nothing, were perfect serenity.

The first agenda when I touched down Ubud on Sunday, was visiting Moksa Ubud.
It's a hidden gem in the middle of (almost like a) jungle :) surrounded by rice terrace, when entered the restaurant area, it was actually the permaculture garden concept.

I had an opportunity to meet up with Chef Made Runata the co-founder of Moksa Ubud, and learned to cook or make some vegan foods from him. Chef Made previously worked at Five Element before in Living Culinary in USA with lots of challenging moments before he finally set up Moksa.

The one-day raw food making course with Chef Made was a blissful experience. Not only about the course on making raw corn soup, raw cake from coconut, vegan raviolli, various desserts that tasted soooo heavenly, but what I also loved the most,when I enjoyed all the food on a table facing the paddy field..with fresh air that swept away my cheek, my hair, and the sound of birds chirping.. things I cannot always have or find everyday, in Jakarta...LoL.

Well anyway I couldn't say more about it, but these pics are some of fab vegan food from Moksa.

I will definitely come back to Moksa. I will.

video courtesy Youtube Moksa Ubud

Vegan sushi
                                                     
photo @freakartika




Raw corn soup

Mango-soursop smoothies
Chef Made Runata - the man behind the heavenly vegan restaurant
all photos @freakartika

No comments:

Post a Comment