Saturday 5 December 2015

Crispy Oatmeal Tofu and Tofu Skin with Salsa, Roasted Pumpkin & Mashed Potato





It was quite a simple dinner I made that night after such office madness, found the almost empty fridge - only tofu, tomato, pumpkin and few potato left, so I just made something with everything on the fridge. Meanwhile, I knew I must post something as well for the competition on the Pantry Magic 7th Anniversary.

As magic always happens in the kitchen, this humble meals finally won the competition (previous post), and I also found out that my recipe was also posted on another site as well :)
http://www.sukadapur.com/blog/wow-crispy-oatmeal-tofu-tofu-skin-with-salsa/ 


I guess it's never too late to post my recipe on my own blog :) 

Crispy Tofu & Tofu Skin
250gr tofu and soaked tofu skin marinated with
5 cloves garlic (ground)
A pinch of sea salt and pepper
A pinch of non-MSG seasoning powder optional
1 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
1 tbsp Nandos peri-peri sauce 

Cover the tofu and tofu skin with 3 tbsp ground flax seeds that previously soaked with 100ml almond milk OR eggs for non vegan, roll in oatmeal, fry with coconut oil.

Salsa
1 tomato, diced
Coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Parsley powder optional
Red pepper/chili flakes
mix all ingredients

Roasted Pumpkin
1 small pumpkin/kabocha, sliced, marinated with
3 cloves garlic
A pinch of sea salt
Parsley powder or any leaves of your fave
Roast in pre-heat oven about 20-30' 170C

Mashed Potato
Steamed potatoes mixed in a blender with sunflower seeds butter and sea salt (I didn't have enough time to mashed manually, so I did a fast track by using blender, as I was hungry like hell...hahahaa...)

No comments:

Post a Comment